Friday, November 16, 2007

This is Cool! Wait, This is Cooler...no, this is the Coolest!!



My first training class of the day Was taught by Holly Ashby. We worked with canvas, Heidi Grace papers, and a Fiskars embossing border punch (waaaaay cool). I found it very interesting to watch how the other scrapbookers went about their projects. Some would put together, take apart, and put together (again) their projects, over and over until they got it just right. Others worked very slowly and methodically, and others chatted while assembling a few pieces. A few of us, myself included, quickly slapped things together, and then ran around the room, learning new techniques from the others, such as ho to miter corners.


I didn't finish my project, but decided I would finish it at the free crop time at the end of the day.


Our group moved next to Stephenie' Hamen's class, where we worked with a circle border punch. First we cut out circles, and then we placed them into this very cool punch to create a beautiful border around the entire circle. Very cool!


I didn't finish Stephenie's project, but decided that THIS would be the project that I finish up at the free crop time (this would be an ongoing theme for me all day, LOL).


Our last class of the morning was taught my Cheryl Waters. We worked with texture plates, which was a lot of fun. I had already purchased texture plates about a year ago, but wasn't quite sure how to use them. They sat in their package for the entire year. This is one reason why Fiskars wants demonstrators! Their products are very easy to use, they create great effects, but often sit on the shelf for people like me who need hands-on training.


I nearly finished my project for Cheryl's class, but not quite. I decided that THIS would now be the project that I would finish up at the free crop time.


As of this writing, all three projects are still waiting to be finished! So much to do.....so little time!

No comments: