Saturday, November 10, 2007

In The Beginning........

Hello to All! I've blogged a few times, mostly at Scrapbook.com. My favorite things to blog about are life's everyday moments, especially the funny ones (even if I'm not laughing when the moment occurs!).

Until now, I haven't had anything too exciting to blog about; however, this last weekend was anything but ordinary, and certainly deserves some blogging!

It all started this last May. I spent National Scrapbooking Day hanging out at Scrapbook.com. While there, I came across a post from May Flaum, encouraging sb.c members to check out Fiskateers.com. I did, and and I have been grateful and astounded many times over since that day. I received beautiful Fiskars scissors engraved with my Fiskateer number, #1626. I received wonderful RAKs, I attended a super-fun gathering at May's house, and I met lots of genuinely nice cyber-friends.

Then, I received a phone call. A HUGE phone call. May called me in September to let me know that I was one of 49 other Fiskateers who would be attending an all-expenses paid weekend in San Antonio, Texas from Nov 2 to Nov 4. I was floored!

The next weekend I attended a crop at Suzy West's store, Picture Me Perfect, in Fremont, CA. As I sat cropping with my fellow Fiskateer, Erin Yamabe, another San Antonio-destined friend, we couldn't help but wonder, "is this for real?"

Well, it certainly was. Last week was the magical weekend, and I can honestly say that it is a highlight in my life. Not as important as my wedding, births, or graduations, but definitely one for the Jennifer Nenni history books.

Over the next few days, I'll fill you in on all the wonderful moments from my magical weekend.

No comments: