Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hangin' with Becky Fleck


Saturday was a super fun day for me! I spent the day at Suzy West's store, Picture Me Perfect, in Fremont with Suzy, her staff, lots of friends and fellow scrappers...........and Becky Fleck!!




That's me on the left, and Becky in the middle. On the right is classmate, Sonda Tadlock.

Becky is the author of PageMaps, which is this awesome book that has many, many sketches, and includes pop-out cards for cropping on-the-go. She also has PageMaps on line, and I've had 1 layout and 1 card appear on that site. Becky is very sweet, friendly, funny, and is a great teacher who works hard to create a stress-free class.

Becky taught 2 classes on Saturday using Basic Grey products. Did you know that she is a designer for BG? It was fun having her show us which of the papers she personally designed from the Suagared and Euphoria collections. We had fun with paint, made a huge mess with glitter (sorry, Suzy!!), played with rub-ons, stickers, and I'm sure other things that I can't think of right now.

We created 2 albums using BG chipboard albums. One had a unique design to each page, so there was lots (and lots and lotsand lots and lots) of trimming and cutting.
I sure wish that I had pictures of the completed projects to show you, but..............in class number 2, I cut into my finger with my microtip scissors. OUCH! . Not good. It took a while to stop the bleeding, and Suzy had to bandage me up (sorry once again!). I've learned that everyclass seems to have someone with a scrap injury. I guess it was just my time. I had to stop scrapping and deal with my dumb, injured finger. Sigh.

Afterwards, we all hung out at the store and dinner was brought in from the Market Broiler (ymmmmm). It was relaxing and fun and I couldn't ask for a nicer scrap-day.

1 comment:

Carmen O. said...

Sounds like the perfect scrap day to me! Well except for the injured finger.